Knee Pain Doctors in NYC
At Manhattan Rehabilitation Services, our Knee Pain Specialists provide our patients with individualized and comprehensive physical therapy and rehabilitation programs to relieve pain, promote healing and prevent future injury. Manhattan Rehabilitation Services is part of a group at New York Pain Care Center with additional locations in Midtown.
In addition to providing Physical Therapy, the group consists of Board Certified Doctors who are experts in treating knee injuries and knee pain along with the Top Physical Therapists in Manhattan, Acupuncturists and Massage Therapists to ensure you find relief.
Knee pain caused by a knee injury, an active lifestyle, or other knee condition can often affect your ability to continue normal physical activity. While some knee injuries are felt immediately, especially with sports injuries in athletes, other knee injuries or knee conditions may progress over time.
The knee is comprised of cartilage, bones, tendons, ligaments and fluid, of which one or many can be affected in an injury.
Knee Conditions and Knee Injuries Treated at Manhattan Rehabilitation Services Center
Manhattan Rehabilitation Services Center is known in NYC for being rated one of the top Physical Therapy Centers in Manhattan and offering dedicated treatment plans with proven results.
Below is a list of Knee Conditions treated at Manhattan Rehabilitation Services Center:
- Meniscus Tears
- ACL/PCL Tear
- MCL / LCL Sprain / Tear
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Knee Bursitis
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Chondromalacia Patella
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Shin Splints
Looking for something that is not on the list? Give us a call at 212-807-6599 or request more information here.
What are common Knee Conditions?
At Manhattan Rehabilitation Services Center knee conditions and knee injuries are seen every day. Some of the most common knee conditions and knee injuries include:
- Meniscus Tears: Meniscus tears occur when damage to the meniscus, or the cushioning of the joints of the knee, is present. Meniscus tears are commonly caused by sprains and strains from sports injuries or trauma.
- Ligament Tears: The most common types of ligament tears are Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) tears and Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) tears. ACL tears and MCL tears are often a result of sports injuries or trauma.
- Kneecap (Patella) Fracture: A fracture of the knee occurs commonly in sports injuries and trauma and means there is bone that has been broken surrounding the knee.
- Knee Bursitis: Bursitis, or inflammation, occurs in the knee when the bursa is inflamed. The bursa helps cushion the knee and can be painful and cause swelling. Bursitis of the knee can be a result of an injury or be attributed to conditions such as Arthritis.
- Knee Tendonitis: Knee Tendonitis is when the knee tendons become inflamed. Tendonitis is a painful condition and can result in loss of motion.
- Knee Arthritis: Arthritis can affect the knee in different forms, but Osteoarthritis is one of the most common forms to affect the knee. Osteoarthritis of the Knee is when the cartilage in the knee gradually wears down leading to pain, stiffness, weakness and limited motion.
What do I do next?
The first step in the treating a Sports Injury, or preparing your body to prevent sports injuries, is to make an appointment to see a Sports Injury or Sports Medicine doctor who is highly trained in the field.
We encourage you to contact us to get started on the path to relief today.
Give us a call at 212-807-6599 or request more information here.